Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Party Quest Leveling Bug

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Paulo27, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Paulo27

Paulo27 Official Mapler

IGN:
    Nodaken
    According to http://forums.maplesaga.com/index.p...alance-chinese-client-various-bug-fixes.8293/ you not longer should get experience from PQs at maximum level but I did level 20~41 in KPQ always getting experience.

Also, Ludibrium PQ says you need a crew of 4 players, I cannot confirm if you can enter with 4 but the patch notes above say you require 5, and as it stands, I find the wording of the NPC somewhat misleading.

2. Loading...

3. Squirt

Squirt Captain Mapler

For PQs, you gain experience but you will not overlevel. This is so players can PQ and farm certain items that each PQ has to offer. (Ciders from KPQ / Ludibrium Charm in LPQ)

Ludibrium PQ was changed from 5 to 4, so yes you can enter with a party of 4 players.

4. Paulo27

Paulo27 Official Mapler

IGN:
    Nodaken
    I clearly overleved doing KPQ though.
    Do you mean that the PQ itself doesn't give experience when clearing stages when you're about to overlevel? I feel like that doesn't really help that much since the PQs are still gonna have monsters that give you experience and will overlevel you anyway.

5. Squirt

Squirt Captain Mapler

No I meant the PQ isn’t suppose to level you at all once you reach the maximum level. (It’s alike the system on Maple Island, you don’t gain EXP once you reach Lv. 8 and you won’t level past Lv. 8 until you leave Maple Island)

As said on the thread:
    • Players that hit the level cap for a specific PQ will not gain EXP during said PQ to prevent overleveling. This way, players can maintain the necessary Level 40 / 55 / 120, etc. characters needed to farm Ciders and Ludibrium Charms.
    Unless it was changed recently then I wouldn’t know, since I haven’t heard anything about it since the PQ overhaul.

6. Paulo27

Paulo27 Official Mapler

IGN:
    Nodaken
    Yeah, that's definitely not working or has been changed then.
    Both in KPQ, LPQ and CPQ I have seen people leave because they overleved and I overleveled myself in KPQ.

7. Memo

Memo Don't Get Seasick!

IGN:
    Memo
    [​IMG]

You need a Balrog's Seal Stone to prevent overlevelling. They drop from Jr.Balrog I believe.

Paulo27 and alex like this.
  8. Paulo27

Paulo27 Official Mapler

IGN:
    Nodaken
    Ah, that makes more sense.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Facebook