Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sometimes you can't go through portals in LPQ or they dissapear entirely

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Paulo27, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Paulo27

Paulo27 Official Mapler

IGN:
    Nodaken
    Sometimes, when you're in a different map (i.e. previous stage or inside one of the portals) it's possible for the portal to disappear for you when the stage is cleared.
    It's also possible for you to get stuck even if you can see the portal if your whole party has progressed and is 2 stages ahead. For example, I'm in stage 5, my whole party completes stage 6 and moves to 7, I can no more longer progress.
    It has happened to me that I could progress despite me not being able to see the portal and my party being far ahead (I would press up in the general area of the portal and advance) but I have not heard of anyone that has been able to do that.

Here's me in stage 5 not being able to progress (I could initially see the portal but not advance but then went into one of the rooms to attempt to fix and it disappeared).

[​IMG]

New one, this time it happened to the entire party for no reason at all:

[​IMG]

#1 Paulo27, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    alex likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sagaplayer

Sagaplayer Training Mapler

IGN:
    Healyouu
    Can confirm.

4. NekoTime

NekoTime Official Mapler

IGN:
    CatInTheHat
    Clarissa is cursed, she always causes the doors to close or not be accessible. I know this from experience. ;)

5. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Captain Mapler

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    i had this problem before, and the game master suggested to restart the pq.

6. Paulo27

Paulo27 Official Mapler

IGN:
    Nodaken
    That's what they told us too but that doesn't really fix the problem now does it lol.

7. Squirt

Squirt Captain Mapler

Well generally if you’re PQing you should be advancing with your party and not just staying in a single stage for the following next few stages.

I believe there is a small time of opportunity to go in the portal shortly after your party advances, but waiting too long will of course bug this for you.

In most cases you would have to relog and recreate the whole party and reenter, as it causes the whole party to be bugged, not just your character.

The only fix to this issue would be:
    A - Warp everyone to the next stage when the leader enters (although this could encourage players to AFK or leech stages)

B - Allow each individual to advance but in the upcoming stage if every member of the party is not present you cannot enter.

8. Sagaplayer

Sagaplayer Training Mapler

IGN:
    Healyouu
    @Squirt@Squirt I have had portals where half the party got in, and it wouldnt let half the party warp before and we are all keeping up.

9. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

This is on my to-do list to check, considering Kerning PQ has a similar portal mechanic and I've never had a report of it bugging, whereas Ludibrium PQ does.

Facebook