Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

R6025 -pure virtual function call

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Worst, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Worst

Worst Running Like The Wind

IGN:
    Wurst
    Hey all,

Been playing MapleSaga for a couple weeks now, and didn't have any problems until maybe a day or two ago. I'm able to properly boot up the game with no issues, but then within the first two minutes of my character dropping into the map I will get the error listed above. Can't get a screenshot of the error text in the window, but the gist of it is the R6025 error with the "-pure virtual function call" note below it. I believe it also lists the file path to be maplesaga.exe in the appropriate folder.

An incomplete list of things I've tried so far:

- reinstalling game
    - running in various compatibility modes
    - running as Administrator
    - ensuring exceptions are made in Windows Defender and such
    - don't have antivirus enabled

One thing of note is that the title of the error window has something like Microsoft Redistributable C++ on it. I understand this to mean that I may need a different or updated version of Microsoft Visual C++, but I don't know which version to go looking for. Any ideas? Anyone else encountered this problem?

2. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

This is a strange bug that happens on some Rangers/Snipers when they use Puppet. From what I understand, sometimes it resolves itself when Puppet gets to a higher level. Try avoiding Puppet until it gets maxed out.

Worst likes this.
  3. Worst

Worst Running Like The Wind

IGN:
    Wurst
    This was it, thanks! Hopefully it'll be fine once I get more points into Puppet.

alex likes this.

Facebook