Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dc-ing issue during raids (Mac)

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Tanzg, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Tanzg

Tanzg Training Mapler

IGN:
    TMDyo
    Dear GMs,

I have been dc-ing very frequently during raids only and I am currently using a Mac. Pls help! The graphic turns black after awhile and dc ensued. This is especially so during zak and ht.

2. Loading...

3. ka12am

ka12am Training Mapler

IGN:
    Hoopy
    Same here. Mac user too. Just did my first zak run and it's dc-ing me for like 20 times throughout the run. Sometimes black box appear before dc take place.

Also when black box appeared, I tried to click the settings to adjust the image quality. However, I will be dc immediately as soon as I click the settings.

4. lightfire

lightfire Training Mapler

IGN:
    Vellichor
    I'd like to also build on this. I'm currently on Mac OS X 10.12.4 Sierra and using Intel Iris 5100 Graphics--not NVIDIA, Late-2013 Retina Macbook Pro. Recently participated in my first boss run at Zak and found myself disconnecting within a few seconds or within a few minutes.

If there's anything to help alleviate this issue, it would be greatly appreciated!

5. CueMing

CueMing Training Mapler

IGN:
    HungryRoad
    I am using late2013-Retina MacBookPro too. Since the GPU of MacBook is not as powerful as NIVIDIA, it's a common issue of Mac users I think. Trying to lower the quality even intentionally making the images to be black boxes is not going to solve the problem in my case.
    Maybe the future Mac, which roomers to be available to upgrade the hardware is able to run this game lol.

6. Elevate

Elevate Swords And Shields

IGN:
    Smooth
    Same here buddy. I'm running the client on my Macbook. Is there any solution?

7. lightfire

lightfire Training Mapler

IGN:
    Vellichor
    Assuming that we've been operating under the assumption that this is a GPU issue, I've installed Windows 10 onto my Macbook Pro and it runs MapleSaga flawlessly and does not present any of the previous disconnection symptoms I dealt with earlier. The limitation seems exclusive to Mac OS even while using the same GPU (HD 5100), despite @CueMing@CueMing's hypothesis. I've noted that these disconnections tend to occur on Mac when there is an abundance of skill animations being executed in succession, notably, Bishop's Genesis--though it does not explain why certain boss areas are significantly more stable than others. For example, bossing at Pianus is generally smooth-sailing whereas Zakum poses a much higher risk of disconnecting.

At the very least, I'm wondering if @alex@alex has an idea of a specific reason this occurs and if it is reasonable to expect anything within the realm of a solution in the near future. In the mean time, if you are looking for an alternative solution, partitioning Windows seems to do the trick--I'm sure some users may appreciate it if someone with an NVIDIA card could confirm, as in either scenario the OS uses Apple's drivers.

CueMing likes this.
  8. CueMing

CueMing Training Mapler

IGN:
    HungryRoad
    I've tried parallel and virtualbox on Mac but since the gpu is also virtual in these applications so partitioning Windows may be the best way to solve this. :)

Facebook