Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can't run mac client on OSX Sierra

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by dumbphuk, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. dumbphuk

dumbphuk Training Mapler

IGN:
    dumbphuk
    Hey guys, newbie here! I've just downloaded the mac client, and followed the instructions to the letter. After running install.command, it installs fine, after running the wine test run, I get a few error messages, attached as a screenshot as well as here:

err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows" could not be created, error 2
    err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows\\system32" could not be created, error 3
    err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows" could not be created, error 2
    err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows\\system32" could not be created, error 3
    err:wineboot:main Cannot set the dir to L"C:\\windows" (2)
    err:wineboot:processRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
    fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32" failed to start: 2
    fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"MountMgr" failed to start: 2
    fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PlugPlay" failed to start: 2
    wine: cannot find L"unix\\Users\\harryphilpot\\Downloads\\MapleSaga_20190422_MAC\\MapleSaga.app\\Contents\\Resources\\drive_c\\Nexon\\MapleStory\\MapleSaga.exe"

When I go to run the client, it opens for about 3-5 seconds, then just closes with no message. This is my first time in about 5 years trying to install a private server, and first time on a Mac, am I missing something glaringly obvious? Thanks so much in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

Facebook