Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Monster Cards Clarification?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Zoah, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Zoah

Zoah Monster Book High Commander

I've been collecting the Monster Cards, going through each of the pages without too much trouble.

This last 2 days I have been hunting Gate Keepers though, and I thought that maybe the drop rate would be higher since only 2 spawn at a time. (and in only one map of the whole game.)

However, I've killed over 2,000 so far and the card still hasn't dropped.

Most of the normal monster cards have taken between 200-500 kills, with Thanatos only taking me 101 kills to get its card.

Is the drop rate bugged or am I just supremely unlucky?

I also need to note that I have been using a 2x Drop Coupon the entire time, so I'm feeling a little distressed.

Proof of 2,000 gatekeeper kills:
    IGN: Aureo
    gatekeepers.....png

It really feels like there is some kind of bug, so hopefully I can get some clarification soon. @alex@alex

xxcookiexx likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Monster Cards Clarification
    1. Tewi
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Naping
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. Jayhedge
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. Jason Zhou
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. manchef1996
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Tawn

Tawn Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    LifeWinter
    You are very unlucky. And have you tried chief gray lol.

4. Zoah

Yes, as you can see from the screenshot I attached, it only took me 199 chief gray kills to get the card. (Which is a lot considering only 3 spawn on the fairly large map I was hunting them in)

I was told by friends to post on the forum to double check, figured it was worth a shot since "rare" monsters like gatekeeper supposedly have higher drop rate than regular mobs.

5. Tawn

Tawn Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    LifeWinter
    last time kacchu musha's drop rate was 0.001% iirc. Gate keeper is definitely easier.

6. Zoah

That's interesting, is there anywhere these drop rates are published? I would love to take a look.

If what you say is true, then I've actually been supremely lucky on the rest of the monster book so far.

As I described in the first post, it's taken me on average 200-800 mobs killed or so with 2x drop coupon active to get their card.

Whatever the case may be, I am still hunting for that card. Just figured I would alert Alex in case the drop rate is indeed lower than intended.

7. Tawn

Tawn Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    LifeWinter
    I heard it from a friend who got the information from alex. However the exact details im not very sure. Just low drop rate coupled with one boss per map and high spawn hour interval.

8. nixtrel

nixtrel Fortune Favors The Bold

IGN:
    Zits
    I am so sorry you had to go through this. It does seems awfully unlucky if you have been hunting it for 2 days on x2. I am sure it has been a frustrating experience, since I tried hunting for some of these myself... totally gave up after a few hours.

Maybe @alex@alex could put his concerns to rest by addressing the possibility of a bug? (before I farm it for myself HAHAHAHA)

If it really is the case of plain ol' unluckiness, then I guess I better manage my own expectations too, HAHAHAH.

9. Zoah

UPDATE:

4 days later, and I've fully completed collecting every monster card!

monster book high commander.png

I'm not sure if Alex went behind the scenes and fixed something or if those 2 days hunting were really just ungodly bad luck, but Gatekeeper was by far the most difficult to drop for me.

After making this thread I took a break and collected all cards from Malaysia, Taipei 101 etc before going back to Ludi and it dropped after only 62 kills this time.

Whatever the case, I suppose this thread is settled!

Just as a follow up to this, I got the Kacchuu card on my first kill.

That means anecdotally the Kacchuu card is 1/1 drop rate, while Gatekeeper was 1/2000+ drop rate.

I've got a feeling Gatekeeper is considered a normal mob as opposed to a boss mob, so it doesn't benefit from increased drop rate. Figure it may be helpful for anyone reading this in the future!

Alvina likes this.
  10. Alvina

Alvina The Brilliant Assistant

took me forever to get that Gatekeeper also :f2:

11. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

I didn't tweak any drop rates but I'll look into the Gatekeeper drop rate at some point.

Hauntr and Zoah like this.
  12. Tawn

Tawn Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    LifeWinter
    drop rates for chief grey is low too. But i guess player need some determination afterall to achieve the additional prestige points. uwu or maybe because their spawn is just lesser compared to the other mob. (gatekeeper spawn two in a map at once, while the omega sector maybe 3 in a map?)

Zoah likes this.

Facebook