Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

unable to play maplesaga

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Aeryna, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Aeryna

Aeryna Training Mapler

So I'm trying to play MapleSaga. I am on Windows 8.1 and I have tried all the resolution steps, including Compatability and such. After successfully downloading and installing the client, I run the .exe MapleSaga app as Admin and nothing happens. I see the Maplestory client in my Task Manager. Do I need to have GMS installed? If so, where can I download it? I have played other private servers recently and they all run fine. What should I do? My friend runs it on Mac just fine but I can't get it to work for me on Windows 8.1. Please help and thank you!! ;~;

2. Loading...

3. meloveself

meloveself Training Mapler

IGN:
    Zote
    If you have trouble locating maplesaga.exe, then you should turn off windows defender real time protection and exclude maple saga directory. If you're having incorrect parameters error, that means you're kinda out of luck. Maplestory v62 and v83 have been proven to not run on Windows 8 and above.. There's a tool named lolwut that helps to run v62 and v83. Based on personal experience, I've had very low chance of success rate to run v62 Maplestory even with lolwut but v83 occasionally runs successfully for let's say about once in 8 tries. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend running Maplestory below version 83 on a WIndows 8.1 . You could either try other PC with windows 7 or try to download Steam and run maplestory from Steam or setup VM on your windows to run Windows 7. To answer your question, no you do not need GMS installed.

Facebook