Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Quest Rewards Bug

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Jwonggy, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Jwonggy

Jwonggy King Sage Cat Vanquisher

IGN:
    Jwonggy
    Hi.

My friend and I have been really getting into MapleSaga, but there's a huge problem regarding quests, and that is:
    1. We are suddenly not getting ANY form of quest rewards (EXP, items) when we finish quests. NPCs are also not giving us items to finish the quest chain (e.g. Betty's Fossil Report).
    2. Kill quests do not register the monsters that we kill.

We tried relogging and restarting the game. Now that this problem has surfaced and if it remains unsolvable I'm really regretting my time and money (we donated!) spent here.

Please help.

Hike likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Hike

Hike Official Mapler

IGN:
    Hike
    This never happens to me. Does this happen to you on any quest you try to do?

4. noducksgiven

noducksgiven Undead Annihilator

IGN:
    boygenius
    Rather than starting a new thread, I want to also contribute that many of my own quests have not been working. All quests were working until late last night (March 5, after 11 PM PST)

1. Roly-Poly Picture Quest
    -- After getting the 4th picture, I went to get the 5th picture but nothing showed up in my inventory. I still only had 4 pictures. And Roly-Poly 5 now did not have the book icon above it. When I clicked it again, it seemed to want to give me another picture, but it did not.

2. Cleaning Up Outer Eos Tower
    -- I believe I have killed more Tweeters than listed...

3. Disgruntled Roly-Poly Worker
    -- I killed 40+ Black Ratz (because I have 43 Hard Walnuts) but it says I have killed 0/20 Black Ratz...

4. Chief Stan's Letter
    -- I went to deliver the letter to Dr. Kim in Omega Sector and did not receive the mesos. Moreover, the letter is still in my ETC inventory taking up space and I cannot click on Dr. Kim to do the action again.

I have changed channels, restarted the game, restarted the computer. I am playing on a Mac but it seems this issue is affecting many players.

There was another quest I also had where Propellors and Worn-Out Goggles had to be collected -- I do not remember that quest but that one also doesn't work

EDIT: Just tried another quest in Omega Sector gathering 100 Madeon tails.The quest acts like I have completed it without dispensing rewards or taking the stuff from my inventory. When I click the medic again, now it wants 200 tails. I'm happy to provide screenshots if needed...

#3 noducksgiven, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Hike likes this.
  5. Hike

Hike Official Mapler

IGN:
    Hike
    This must be something that just started happening recently.

6. noducksgiven

IGN:
    boygenius
    Yeah, I'm fairly sure it started last night. I actually had another friend log on and try to do some quests, and she also experienced the same thing. Funny enough, she was talking about a quest killing Rats and Trixsters, and the monsters did not seem to be registering correctly. She said that when she killed a Rat, it counted it as a Trixster, and vice versa.

7. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

Hey guys,

I've conducted a server restart today to fix these problems. Sorry for the inconveniences caused, these quests should be working again now.

Please let me know in this thread if the quests have not resolved themselves after the reset.

LifeSummer, Hike and noducksgiven like this.
  8. noducksgiven

IGN:
    boygenius
    Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for the reset!! :) I've just tried to complete a quest and the rewards and exp are distributing as expected. However, for the quests that did not work in the time that I mentioned above, they are not listed as "In Progress" or "Available". Is there a way for me to get credit for this? Or, at the very least, can I just drop the quest items associated with that? I wouldn't know how to re-activate the Chief Stan quest, for instance, when it looks like the game has already listed it as "Completed"... At the very least I'd like the letter to stop taking up my precious inventory space! Haha

Hike likes this.
  9. Hike

Hike Official Mapler

IGN:
    Hike
    Quests seem to be fine to me. I think the DC's stopped too.
    If I find any problems I'll tell you Alex, thanks.

10. Jwonggy

Jwonggy King Sage Cat Vanquisher

IGN:
    Jwonggy
    Thank you so much guys! Much appreciated.

11. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Captain Mapler

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    OT: you may look into duey who is able to expand your inventory slots by helping him to get some ETC in return :f13:.

Hike and noducksgiven like this.
  12. noducksgiven

IGN:
    boygenius
    !!!

Thanks for letting me know about that!

Hike likes this.
  13. Hike

Hike Official Mapler

IGN:
    Hike
    Ah yeah, I was wondering why I cant buy slots from Cash Shop. Glad to learn about that.

Facebook