Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

[December 2023] Chaos Horntail

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by alex, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

Say It Isn't So...

About CHT

[​IMG]

If you bring yourself back to the year of 2020, during the pandemic's lockdown,
    you may remember yourself playing video games.

Many of us were.

During those lockdown months, I produced Chaos Horntail for the late-game MapleSaga players to enjoy.

Unfortunately, I was under immense pressure. I was committed to releasing Chaos Horntail during those prime lockdown months, during a time when many of MapleSaga's players were growing restless from being locked down for hours each day. This was before the Covid-19 vaccines were even available to the world.

Many aspects of Chaos Horntail's mechanics made me happy (the inclusion of Paladins and Marksmen, and the newly added "diversity" mechanic). I received a lot of great feedback about the Chaos Horntail mechanics.

But one major problem loomed underneath the surface - the design of the prize pool was rushed and worsened the economy in multiple ways. If I could turn back time, I would have gathered more feedback from the community about Chaos Horntail's prize pool, before releasing it to the public.

And here it is today - a thread to welcome fresh new ideas about Chaos Horntail's prize pool. Speak your mind, please message me directly with whatever thoughts you have about MapleSaga's upcoming new boss.

Why is this thread locked?

I want to limit the amount of priming that can occur when we read the suggestions written by others.
    I believe that we will all have better ideas if we come up with prize ideas on our own,
    rather than deriving inspiration from other people's previously-written posts.

Furthermore, one might think that the "problem" is solved if 1 player writes a public, well-written proposal,
    but far from it - every idea will help contribute towards the final prize pool of Chaos Horntail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Facebook