Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Game crash when using Flash Fist

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Setsuki, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Setsuki

Setsuki Training Mapler

IGN:
    iSetsuki
    Game is crashing every time I use Flash Fist pirate 1st job skill. Normal attack doesn't crash. Don't know about other skills. I play on mac Big Sur via CrossOver, Intel graphics. I have 110 hermit and 107 chief bandit, no crashes there.

8HoneyBuns likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Emith

Emith Swords And Shields

IGN:
    Napping
    flash fist doin so much damage its crashing your whole game :f18:

Renee He, Setsuki and 8HoneyBuns like this.
  4. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

Can you describe the crash? Do you end up back at your desktop or at the login screen?

8HoneyBuns likes this.
  5. Setsuki

Setsuki Training Mapler

IGN:
    iSetsuki
    The game freezes, nothing moves. Only way is to kill the process.

P. S.
    Tried @toggleanim, didn't work.
    Macbook Pro 2015

6. Pitahiya

Pitahiya Bingo Winner

IGN:
    Pitahiya
    It would likely be helpful to Alex to mention whether any cash-shop items were equipped. As I believe (I can't find it in the forums anymore), there was a case of someone crashing with a specific cash-shop weapon equipped when they used summersault kick. Might be a similar issue.

Personally I would be interested out of curiosity if you had a weapon equipped or not. Sounds silly, but it is a thing for Bucc that if you have no weapon equipped, but use any skill/normal attack it sends you to the login-screen (Perhaps it might fully crash you depending on computer/etc). My theory on this is that its related to the anti-cheat that Alex has coded. The game simply sees someone with no weapon doing far more damage then they should (because Bucc is the only class that has an innately "high" range with no weapon). Assuming its a brawler, and therefor low level and dmg, the threshold might only kick in for the flashfist, but not the regular attack.

Beyond that hopefully Alex can chime in with more knowledge, but I would suggest giving him that extra bit of info about cash-shop items as that could be related to your issue.

7. Setsuki

Setsuki Training Mapler

IGN:
    iSetsuki
    I made brand new pirate character, I put on knuckle on 10 lvl, I flash fist monster, game stays as it is (freeze), nothing moves, processor usage 102%. Nothing fancy, just typical way of creating normal character.

8. Lafaeru

Lafaeru Official Mapler

I experienced the same issue. Brand new account, new pirate character, no NX equips, just a beginner's knuckle as weapon.

I was dual-clienting. First client was hosting the pirate character, second client has a character on the same map as the pirate character.

Using Flash Fist in the first client froze the game on both clients.

Setsuki likes this.
  9. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

Can I confirm that you were using CrossOver as well? There are bound to be issues with emulating 32-bit applications on newer versions of Mac OSX so I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of them.

10. Lafaeru

Lafaeru Official Mapler

Yeah, CrossOver on Big Sur.

11. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

I see, that would explain it. Emulating a Windows application (Wine) inside of another layer of emulation on top (CrossOver) likely would come with certain issues.

12. Lafaeru

Lafaeru Official Mapler

I have made a note on this as a known issue over at the thread on CrossOver Mac guide. :)

Facebook