Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

"opening hongbu's/nolbu's gourd" quest bug and my theory on why/how it's happening

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by HerpDerp, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. HerpDerp

HerpDerp Immediate Adventurer

IGN:
    DerpHerp
    There have been multiple threads stating that the "opening hongbu's/nolbu's gourd" quests are bugged, but i wanted to contribute my observations.

My Observations:

When i was doing the "lost in the ocean" quest in aqua road and attempted to start the quest with only one 'SOS letter' in my inventory, the quest took my 'SOS letter' then reset, just like the Gourd quests would with the magic seeds.

After this, i attempted the "lost in the ocean" quest with two 'SOS letter' items in my inventory and was able to complete that stage of the quest.

I noticed that the quest would reset in a very similar fashion to the "opening hongbu's/nolbu's gourd" quests and theorized that the bug with the gourd quest is the same issue with the "lost in the ocean" quest.

My Theory:

My theory is that the "opening hongbu's/nolbu's gourd" quests in maplesaga currently require two 'Magic seed' items to complete, the first 'magic seed' is required because the quest exchanges it with the hongbu's/nolbu's seed, and the second 'magic seed' is required because the quest disables/resets if you do not have a 'magic seed' after the first seed is exchanged.

Having multiple magic seeds in your inventory is currently impossible, though.

If my theory is true, then one possible solution to this bug would be to change "the seed that swallow lost" quest (the one where the swallow gives you a magic seed for free but is only available when there are no magic seeds in your inventory) so that it can be completed regardless of the amount of magic seeds in your inventory, which would allow the player to acquire multiple magic seeds.

Assuming my theory is true, another possible solution would be to have "The lost seed" quest reward you with two magic seeds instead of one.

riverrhine and Hauntr like this.
  2. Loading...