Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Automatically deletes MapleSaga?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Wells, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Wells

Wells Time For An Upgrade

IGN:
    Wells
    For some reason if I stay AFK too long, it automatically deletes the shortcut for MapleSaga from my desktop, and it won't find the .exe file properly after that.
    Has there been anyone else with this problem? Any sort of advice is much appreciated :)

2. Loading...

3. Foxman500

Foxman500 Master Adventurer

IGN:
    Foxman
    I had this exact same problem. For a while I just had to keep the game downloaded on my desktop and had to re-unzip it each time my computer auto deleted it.

I eventually authorized the game to run with administrative rights. Each time I start the game the computer will ask the admin if it's ok to start the game. Ever since I have messed with the games properties I never had this problem.

I'm not sure if that exactly how to fix it, but I haven't seen the problem for a while. Someone else might have a better solution.

4. Avelord

Avelord Training Mapler

IGN:
    Drakharys
    Solution:
    You probably have Windows 10. Windows Defender is the problem. It scans automatically for virusses.
    Maple clients are often seen as virusses which is a false positive.
    - Just open Windows Defender-centre
    - Go to section: Virus- and threatsecurity (second section in the menu on the left)
    - Click on "Settings for virus- and threatsecurity"
    - Scroll down and Exclude the whole folder or the .exe from scanning.

Another solution is to permanently turn of Windows Defender. Plenty of tutorials are available on Youtube on how to do that.

Facebook