Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Chatbox bug

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Memo, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Memo

Memo Don't Get Seasick!

IGN:
    Memo
    Character Name: Memo
    Problem: Chatbox bug
    Details:
    After altering the height of chatbox, you'd usually have to click it again to somehow "cancel" the selection of the chatbox, otherwise clicking will be rendered useless in the game entirely. While this isn't much of a big issue in most scenarios, in raids,especially those with multiple body parts such as ht or zak, players would tend to check with @bosshp and sometimes expand their chatbox to view all the HP of various body parts.

When this happens, players might forget to reclick the chatbox again. This renders them unable to select outside of chatbox when they intend to cancel chat and pot, effectively killing them.

flaminsane likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

This bugs me too, but is a client problem that exists in multiple versions of MapleStory and across different locales too (Taiwan MapleStory also has this problem). It's unlikely that we can solve this.

4. abdc

abdc Official Mapler

in my case, i just need not to press any weird button like party, buddy... while adjusting chat box height and i'll never get this bug.

#3 abdc, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  5. abdc

abdc Official Mapler

another case leading to this bug is while you're dragging your chatbox there's a notice popped up (friend logging on...). there's no escape unless before zak/ht raid we leave guild, unfriend everyone and make a list of people for later asking them to add us back in their friend list and guild.

Facebook