Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Problem with MapleSaga.exe deleting itself.

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by imakami, May 2, 2018.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. imakami

imakami Training Mapler

IGN:
    Tsukiyomi
    Since I installed the game a few days ago I've had a weird issue with my MapleSaga.exe deleting itself. Sometimes it does it mid-game(and shuts down my client) and sometimes while I've just had my computer on, not playing. It has done it to me ~6 times today. I'm not sure if this is a weird bug, or a problem on my end, but it seemed like something I should mention.

2. Loading...

3. Tile

Tile Training Mapler

IGN:
    Tile
    Have you excluded the Maplesaga folder in your antivirus? Your antivirus may be deleting it.

4. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Captain Mapler

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    Maplesaga will not delete the file by itself.
    Maybe you want to check as mention above your anti virus, or fire wall, which ever is blocking, scanning screening and deleting.

5. imakami

imakami Training Mapler

IGN:
    Tsukiyomi
    That explanation makes sense. I see no history on my antivirus of deletion, I excluded it either way. I noticed that it didn't have permission on my windows firewall either, so I did the same there. I'll update if this helps me. Thank you. <3

6. imakami

imakami Training Mapler

IGN:
    Tsukiyomi
    So, the problem persisted, I noticed it has a chance to happen when the following things take place: Little after logging on and computer has been on, using @tia in a map other than FM, talking to susan, going to Henesys, when it feels like it. I gave exemptions on everything and it continued. My computer was acting a little funny today, so I made the choice to invest in proper antivirus software. After installing the Bitdefender I noticed a little issue with my MapleSaga.exe. I assume this is the reason the free software I had before was deleting it. This seems like something to be worried about, no? Screenshot (12).png

7. imakami

imakami Training Mapler

IGN:
    Tsukiyomi
    Nevermind, after some investigation I found this link explaning. https://forums.maplesaga.com/index.php?threads/maplesaga-has-a-virus.2268/
    I'll exempt it and hopefully my new antivirus will not decide to go against my wishes.

8. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Captain Mapler

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    haha glad that you have found alex's thread.
    i wanted to quote about it but i thought his thread is already there so i did not reply any further.
    installing an antivirus to play any of the private server is not possible i guess.

alex explained well. ^^
    all the best.

Facebook