Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Resolved How to make Maplestory window bigger on Mac?

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by hezatsu, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. hezatsu

hezatsu Training Mapler

IGN:
    hezatsu
    So I play Maplesaga on my Mac but the window for it is like only half the screen. Is there anyway to make the window fill the entire screen? I tried the in game system options but it doesn't work.

2. Loading...

3. lightfire

lightfire Training Mapler

IGN:
    Vellichor
    I believe that because MS is running on a virtual machine (the window you see is running a Windows OS emulator; Wine), the full-screen feature would only be full-screen in the sense that it's already running full-screen from within the virtual machine (the boundaries of the window). Besides, this version (v62) is stuck on 800x600 anyway, so the resolution you're currently viewing it in is already the best way to view the game without stretching out all the pixels. Otherwise, I don't think actually getting MS to run for full screen on Mac is actually possible, unless you can figure out how to change the resolution that Wine is operating in--which, by the way, would also push your computer harder (higher resolution = higher processing power required).

4. lightfire

lightfire Training Mapler

IGN:
    Vellichor
    I'd like to follow up with this, as I've found a solution.

In Finder, -> Applications -> right click the MapleSaga client -> Show Package Contents -> double click Wineskin -> click on Set Screen Options

From there, choose Override under "Overrwide Wine control of Screen Settings?", and then choose Fullscreen under "Override Settings", followed by clicking Done in order to save these options.

For me (Mac OS X 10.12.4 Sierra), this allowed MapleSaga to run at a native 800x600 resolution on my external monitor with it looking great--not upscaled. Using CMD+Enter I was able to switch between a windowed resolution and full screen, but this comes at the cost of the windowed mode not being able to be repositioned, and it being stuck to the top left hand corner of the screen as pictured here on my screen:
    [​IMG]

I hope this helps.

aannieli likes this.

Facebook