Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Resolved Quest: Mac the Mechanic's Maintenance Manual

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ran, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Ran

Ran Official Mapler

IGN:
    Lyzan
    http://bbb.hidden-street.net/quest/ludus-lake/mac-the-mechanics-maintenance-manual

Doesn't seem to be working. I tried hitting every box in the Toy Factory and none takes me to the Secret Factory. Many boxes never even break, and which box breaks and which doesn't, seems to change randomly with the channel. Toy Trojans also don't seem to be dropping the Maintenance Manual (it should be the ones inside the Secret Factory, but I tried normal ones just in case).

2. Loading...

3. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

Hey @Ran@Ran,

It looks like normal Toy Trojans drop Maintenance Manuals at a rate of 0.6% (1 / ~167). I will revise this to drop from the Toy Trojans in the Secret Factory as well (at double the rate, 1.2%).

#2 alex, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  4. Ran

Ran Official Mapler

IGN:
    Lyzan
    0.006%? ._. That's not 1 in 167, that's 1 in 16667 >_>

About the Secret Factory, my problem is that I simply cannot get there. Breaking some boxes is supposed to teleport you there, but I went through every map with them and none worked. Some aren't even breakable.

5. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

Apologies (just woke up), multiply that percentage by 100. My post was revised.

6. Ran

Ran Official Mapler

IGN:
    Lyzan
    Ooooh, alrighty. So it's possible to just get it from the normal Toy Trojans anywhere? 1 in 167 is reasonable enough.

7. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

Yes, I can confirm this should be true.

8. Paulo27

Paulo27 Official Mapler

IGN:
    Nodaken
    @alex@alex
    Can you still confirm they drop from the regular Toy Trojans?
    Here: http://www.maplesaga.com/library/permalink/mob/3230305 it's not showing anything and I think quest items do show up (like here: http://www.maplesaga.com/library/permalink/mob/5300000 with the Snow Crystal).
    Where searching for Trojan in the Library there's another entry for Toy Trojan that shows in the dropdown menu but it can't be accessed.
    I have tried to open boxes in the Secret Factories (getting teleported to there works now) but no Toy Trojans spawn when I open the boxes (I opened like 20 with no spawns).
    I ask this because I just hunted like 1,000 Toy Trojans with no drops and am getting desperate.
    Sorry for the necro.

9. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

Thanks for this post. No, they no longer drop from regular Toy Trojans. After I went back and fixed this quest, they drop from only the Secret Factory Trojans like normal.

10. Paulo27

Paulo27 Official Mapler

IGN:
    Nodaken
    And those exist then? I must have just gotten terribly unlucky since I couldn't spawn them once (this is gonna take ages lol).
    Thanks for the reply.

11. davist

davist Official Mapler

IGN:
    Trim
    did this quest yesterday, it worked fine for me. hit the box at the middle top and it will take you to secret factory and if u try hitting boxes and they dont spawn? go out and go in again and it will be spawned for u

12. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Captain Mapler

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    yes, i did this quest before. you just have to hit box in the secret factory, then kill trojan.
    repeat the process until you get the items.

Facebook