Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Resolved Not Optimum mode

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by andrewcchew, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. andrewcchew

andrewcchew Training Mapler

IGN:
    Chewyy
    Hi everyone,

Using a SyncMaster2233sw Samsung monitor, having issues running the game.

When I go in, a big box (monitor dialogue box, not OS) sits in the middle of my screen saying: Not optimum mode, recommended mode 1920 x 1080 x 60hz. After a while in game, about 1 minute, the screen will just go black, with the Recommended mode dialogue box floating around (game still seems to run, music keeps going, when I jump it makes the boop etc.)

I've seen this issue with other older games and the solution is usually just to change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 (or the maximum the game offers). I have no idea how to do this with MS. Any way to do it before the game opens up?

Thanks in advance

#1 andrewcchew, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  2. Loading...

3. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

I've seen the recommendation of reducing your resolution to the minimum your OS can provide. Have you tried that?

4. andrewcchew

andrewcchew Training Mapler

IGN:
    Chewyy
    Thanks for the reply Alex, no that doesn't work, when I open Maple the resolution switches to whatever Maple is on.

I played MS years ago on this same monitor on this same computer, without issue. I believe I changed the resolution on Maple itself, but there is no Setup.exe in the MapleSaga folder, unless there is no way to change the resolution.

Facebook