Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Unable to complete a completed quest

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Hope, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Hope

Hope Training Mapler

IGN:
    Hope
    3.png

I've recently completed the Mr. Wetbottom's Secret Book quest chain and received the rewards for that, however Amos does not view it as complete and I cannot receive the rewards from him. In addition, I went to see if I could "redo" the quest chain over again, but the NPC involved do not include the quests as available.

1.png

2.png

* I've used the in-game bug report function beforehand but I figured creating a thread that includes pictures would be a little bit more helpful... though I hope my wording didn't cause any further confusion.
    Thanks in advance for looking into this matter! :f18:

IGN: Hope

#1 Hope, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  2. Loading...

3. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Captain Mapler

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    base on ur pictures, you still have the quest in the progress line?
    it can means that at the moment you trying to complete the quest, you are being lagged, hence it "completed" but not completed due to lag issue. if you get what i mean.

what you can try to do, is to
    1. forget the quest in the "progress" portion
    2. relog, or close the client, come back again
    3. @dispose in game
    4. take the quest
    5. hunt all the etc available
    6. complete it again

should the above is still not available for you to do the quest, please seek advice.

4. Hope

Hope Training Mapler

IGN:
    Hope
    Update:
    Turns out it's not just the Mr. Wetbottom's quest chain that seems to have a problem, but another quest that I had already completed is showing up in my "In Progress" as well.

5.png

The highlighted text indicates that I've already completed and received the rewards for the quest. (and I have... :f4:)

6.png

(Above is to just show what a completed quest log entry looks like. Uses past tense, etc.)

So the issue is that my completed quests are turning up as "in progress" when I already have gotten the rewards for them, however it's causing a problem because I'm unable to move onto the next chain of quests.
    I tried @/dispose, redoing the quests (though the NPCs do not have the quest available when interacted with, so it's not possible to obtain the "quest specific" items involved), and relaunching the client.

5. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Captain Mapler

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    the collection of the cursed doll has many parts. do you re-take the quest for another part? it seems in the picture you have attached only completed only the 100 cursed doll quest.. if i did recall correctly, you need about 1xxx etcs of the cursed doll to complete the whole quest chain.

blue arrow on the quest progress means not yet complete.. looks like the red one is the completed one. can you try to do as what i written on the top thread, for the Mr.wet bottom's secret book?
    next, follow what i mention on the previous thread to do the same for the hungry ronnie's quest (remember to @dispose).
    if you really could not get the quest and the secret handbook from ronnie, please contact the GM.

Edits: i just saw the different quest image you attached, in the thread starter your Mr wet bottom secretbook is at a "blue arrow", currently your quest shows a "red arrow". do you now have the secret handbook to be submitted to the Mr. wetbottom in the sleepywood suana?

Facebook