Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Can't even open client [MAC]

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Quix, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Quix

Quix Training Mapler

IGN:
    QuixSand
    A few days ago I was about to start a BPQ with some guildmates (Sorry BakedPotato) and I DC'd as soon as we got in. This is not the first time I've DC'd and haven't been able to reopen my client. Last time I had to shut down my computer and restart to get it to work. This time, I did not want to do that so I waited.

I just restarted my computer and am still not able to even open my client. Not sure why. And I don't know what the startup process is to try and end it on Activity Monitor (if startup coding is getting stuck somewhere). I have to do this every so often with LoL.

Help! Thanks :)

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Can't open client
    1. Flexible
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Mitch
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. tehzikuan
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. darnialboy
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. eiryls
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Jesper

Jesper Training Mapler

IGN:
    Gregow
    I also have this problem. A window popped up saying that a serious problem had occured an after that the client won't open. And I can't even find it on Activity Monitor. Gonna remove it and try to download again.

4. lightfire

lightfire Training Mapler

IGN:
    Vellichor
    Before all else, I'd suggest removing MapleSaga and reinstalling it. Usually this will replace all the necessary files and provide a fresh platform for the game to run again in case something like an anti-virus removing any of the essential resource files, which brings me to my next point; be sure to add MapleSaga to your firewall as an allowed program for all connections in your System Preferences, the same should apply to any anti-virus programs you might have installed. Some Mac users (in my opinion) needlessly use unnecessary antivirus programs on Mac OS X such as AVG, Avast, etc--which can all mess with MS's resources files.

Facebook