Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Why doesn't any private server have in-game voice option?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tomex, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Tomex

Tomex Training Mapler

IGN:
    Tomex
    Hi,

I noticed that none of the private servers (even original game) has in-game voice option.
    Any special reason why? It would be a great feature.
    But I guess too many bugs, too hard to make, it would make the server slower?
    I guess there could be a way to somehow maybe implement discord or something if creating own voice system is too complicated?

2. Seule

Seule A Fallen Angel

IGN:
    Seule
    Hey,

I don’t think that Maple Story was made to VC since it’s more like a « social game » and not a farming game at the beginning.
    I do think it was worthless to implant a VC option for that game.
    Some games do have VC implanted (i.e WoW) but again, most of people use discord instead because it makes the game too heavy (for those who don’t have a dank gamer computer).
    It would for sure make the game (MapleSaga) heavier and slower with more GFX, disconnections etc.
    Which would be bad IMO xd.

Anyway, Saga never had a discord server (the forums is pretty active so it’s never been a bother), and it never affected anyone (I believe) since every guilds have their own discord server haha.

alex likes this.
  3. Progressor

Progressor Official Mapler

IGN:
    Progressor
    Some players don't like their voices to be heard, or hear voice of other in the game. So, even if this feature existed in the game or specifically in this server, it would have to have a Disable option for players who dont want to have it.
    Even then, I think it would make things weird and unsuitable. There are things that simply dont belong in this game, and this is probably one of them.

4. Tawn

Tawn Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    LifeWinter
    You don’t want to be catfish and get exposed.

Also, original maple was not design to have voice chat, so I don’t see a reason why any PS out there would include and go through the trouble making it while discord is readily available.

RADWIMPS likes this.
  5. Progressor

IGN:
    Progressor
    There is also Skype, which does the same thing, but for some reason people use it less these days.

6. Tawn

Tawn Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    LifeWinter
    discord looks easier to connect for VC compared to skype. :/ might be personal preference.

7. RADWIMPS

RADWIMPS Veteran Adventurer

IGN:
    RainyZokusei
    Discord is ftw

8. Aetheus

Aetheus Flying Too Close To The Sun

IGN:
    Aetheus
    Discord was the revolutionary gaming / community chat option, Skype was too personalized, mainly used for business communications, personal calls, and more closed 1on1 kinda situations. Discord tailored to the masses and the evolving gaming community. Ties to Twitch etc. Massive customizations for servers etc.

Hence the dying down of Skype.

Discord was brilliant in how, when, and what it launched for.

RADWIMPS likes this.
  9. Progressor

IGN:
    Progressor
    I agree with that Discord is better for game communities. But, If I want to talk to someone from a different country and cant perform a normal phone call, Skype is better for that purpose. I also like the more simplicity of Skype.
    Also, just my very personal opinion. And, not everyone would agree with my thoughts. But I personally think Discord is kind of annoying to use and I hate the way it works. Again, its my opinion and not a fact. If others enjoy Discord, great. Dont take it as an insult or rude statement, of course.
    Both, generally, are great ways to stay in touch with friends and communities. If there would be an official Discord of MapleSaga, I wouldnt be against the idea or hate it. I just wouldnt use it myself.

Facebook