Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Toad Sed Idea Change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tzuyu, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. tzuyu

tzuyu Azalea Corsage

IGN:
    Yeoreum
    While going through multiple toads with the new sed change, it's safe to say that it is toxic to do the raid when key members of the party die (Key members being the rusher for Kacchu (Warriors) and SE (Bowmasters)). Now while complaining isn't going to get me anywhere, I want to focus on the fact that these people die due to the new sed mechanic. I want to suggest giving all non-thief classes a lower priority of getting seduced. This suggestion will make it less likely for non-thief classes to get seduced while also making it more enjoyable to do toad and encourage more people to play these classes. I think it is a nice quality of life change to this new sed mechanic if you want to keep it in toad.

Hauntr, DeFreitas, mumble and 7 others like this.
  2. LifeAutumn

LifeAutumn Official Mapler

rip 6men toad.

Winnay likes this.
  3. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Captain Mapler

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    basically we just went through a 6man toad along the way during our raids.
    it is necessary to have job that can provide knockback for kacchuu not to die on toad's body (50m per heal).

it started with warrior not able to survive.
    next in line will be bm (high risk)/ bucaaner that could do this job

the server says HP washing optional, however, in order to survive high intensive raid such as toad will make it difficult.
    understand there are 2 hours to complete the raid, but it is unlikely someone would like to take long raids..
    with the new sed mechanism, it is hard to keep survival at low hp.
    without washing, bm will get about <15k~17k HP considering maximum benefits from ring, mount, equip's HP add on.
    it is not enough thus every 1 hit on sed need to dc.
    apart from this, i think host would prefer ppl washed more than 22.5k (tank 2 hit on magic) and 17k (tank 1 hit on touch).
    this is to ensure a successful run.
    it makes the raid difficult.

it is good to have new mechanism to challenge the raiding, imo it changes too much to the game.
    it is as good as no need to wear mask for the raid.
    it is not a 155 lv raid anymore.

i do agree with the ts's idea to lower priority sed on bm and warrior. this will help to keep the current sed mechanism, and increase survival ability of bm and warrior when prompt to being sed.
    not to be complacent, im making loss for the raid most of the time :f18:.
    when they die, they will get nothing. tough jobs to be.

Edulz likes this.
  4. guy776

guy776 Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    Reducto
    I'm sorry but when did Maple become such a difficult game to survive that it demands a mechanic change?
    If people can't survive a raid, in all honesty, that's on them to get better, get more familliar with the raid and work on their instincts. If they can't survive a sed, which they absolutely should be, have them DC at the moment they get sed.
    Experienced and high level players don't die in raids, or at least they rarely ever do. This proves the problem is not within the mechanic, and not within the classes themselves. The problem is lack of experience, and having them take the easy way out is missing the point. You gain experience from your mistakes. One time you don't realise you're seduced, the next time you'll pay more attention. One time you miscalculate your hp, the next time you won't. Have your friends critically think about what they can do to improve and I promise that you'll get better raids.

Nina Marie, Wing, HarleyEllis and 6 others like this.
  5. CheeSePun

CheeSePun Master Ironman

IGN:
    Oyako
    I don’t think that it’s much of an issue. NLs often die in czak when we flash jump onto body to avoid boulders and get sed on it. It’s the same most of us only tank 1 hit. Hence, some NLs put in more effort washing and doing rings to get 25k-29k hp clean. Washing is not required but it doesn’t mean it’s not beneficial.

Like Guy said you can survive by paying attention and dcing during raids. It’s not like NLs don’t pay attention when we get sed.

The hardest part is when you have to rush kacchu while standing on the toad body. I can sympathise that it’s challenging to pot every hit while trying to target kacchus and not nintos on the body. Warriors should be at 30k hp so it shouldn’t be that bad. The hardest is when a BM has to PKB on the body. I think you can solve this easily by recruiting more warriors into the raid rather than requiring your SE to PKB. Also, correct me if I’m wrong, BMs can avoid toad’s lick by standing far away enough.

If Alex/ the community feels that the mechanism is unfairly challenging to BMs then I suggest that the most balanced change would be to make the sed warning much more obvious. The problem is not realising that you got sed while you’re trying to multitask potting and rushing/ pkbing. The problem is not only being able to tank 1 hit from the body while sed. It’s the same for everyone.

Final note, I feel that it’s good for the game that there is skill involved. You can build your reputation as a reliable rusher / SE. That should be a part of the game and it makes it more fun. SEs having a tougher time at raids is merely one part of the equation. They have cheaper gears than NLs and get accepted way more easily into raids.

Wing, HarleyEllis, mumble and 4 others like this.
  6. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Captain Mapler

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    I guess current raiding will not involve any inexperienced and low levels at the moment now.
    Maybe excessive DC-ing during raid is the current norm.

#6 LifeSummer, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  7. dyu

dyu Maple Voter

IGN:
    Daniel
    mushroom game too hard :f4:

just unlucky run, it happens. every class has their own job to do in the raid. imagine if all the dps died, everyone else wouldn’t have a fun time finishing either that’s the point. It’s your own responsibility to survive and it’s not like seduce is a death sentence for non NLs

#7 dyu, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    mumble likes this.
  8. Seule

Seule A Fallen Angel

IGN:
    Envie
    jUsT bE a GoD aNd DoNt DiE hEhExD

Wing, Bish4it, HarleyEllis and 7 others like this.
  9. Plutus

Plutus Training Mapler

IGN:
    Plutus
    Already ez game dont die pussies

Jaymie likes this.
  10. Burden

Burden The Next Legend

IGN:
    Burden
  11. Tawn

Tawn Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    LifeWinter
    Just relog, otherwise recruit bishops. It’s player issue to avoid a healer in game (in hope of higher dps/ faster run)

Pigbrain likes this.

Facebook