Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sugestion for Easy Mode Raid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dusksnow, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Dusksnow

Dusksnow Training Mapler

IGN:
    Dusksnow
    Hello people today I'm going to suggest an Easy Mode for raids. It would work in the same way as the normal ones, but with some changes mentioned below:

1 - 50% HP
    2 - 50% EXP
    3 - 50% Fame
    4 - 50% Badges (6 [7 with an ironman])
    5 - 12 players (no changes here, but 6 players will not get a badge [they will just help])
    6 - Same Mechanics
    7 - Same Damage from bosses

Pros:

1 - Less time trying to invite people. You can do with 6 (if you are strong).
    2 - Your small guild can try with 12 members kill a end game boss, less rewards but will kill it.
    3 - Greater incentive to public raid, is more easy to invite 6 than 12. (will pay more PRICE / 6)
    4 - I Will write more in future.

Up you can see the sugestion.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Down its just a context dont take it so serious. You can even ignore it.

Alert: What I dictated now is my point of view and does not necessarily represent reality.

Some guilds, like mine, find it extremely difficult to raid. Not only us Brazilians but other guilds as well (small comunities). We often have to resort to the strongest guilds in order to be able to carry out an end game raid. I've participated in many small guilds and we haven't always been able to reach Toad or Chaos Zakum, sometimes not even HT and TB. So, unfortunately, many give up on the saga without knowing these raids. What I propose is an opportunity for the smaller guilds to have the opportunity to be able to do all the raids more often, that is, a universalization of the raids for everyone who wants to enjoy with their own clan. Not only that, it also served as an incentive to create more public raids with random people.

With an easier way for raids we could try to grow by ourselves. It would also improve the game's trade a lot, I've seen thousands of NLs give up on the saga just because they know the absurd values of their equipment. So trade, in general, would also benefit a lot and more people could participate in the free market. Competition will be increased in the saga and the concentration of income will be reduced.

The time for creation will also be improved, if a person cannot find 12, they can go with 6 witout waste a lot of minutes / hours trying to invite 12. Time today is very precious, so the more time used efficiently, the better. When a person is able to fulfill their desires quickly and efficiently they feel more desire to do that again. Then throughout the day we will see more raids.

What do you guys think?

#1 Dusksnow, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  2. Tawn

Tawn Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    LifeWinter
    You should migrate to a server that allows rebirth to make your character op with all the skills.

Ops, those server have msi that you still need to grind for. :(

3. Dusksnow

Dusksnow Training Mapler

IGN:
    Dusksnow
    Please do not make personal attacks. Let's discuss in a healthy way. :)

4. Tawn

Tawn Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    LifeWinter
    I don’t see why a game need to be modified to accommodate a specific group of players. Most of the player are able to reach the standard to clear the content, you should be able to do that too.

you can do papu/ pianus/ zakum/ scarga in the meanwhile, these are easier.

5. Dusksnow

Dusksnow Training Mapler

IGN:
    Dusksnow
    The game does not need to change. It is just a suggestion for change. If the majority criticizes my suggestion, it will eventually be denied.
    When I ask for these changes I am not thinking about myself, but about the other people I saw giving up over the time I played.

6. Spectre

Spectre Spek
    Staff Member

IGN:
    Spectre

First of all, I respect your point of view and I'm glad you brought this up for discussion. I would refrain from commenting on anything else but one specific issue you raised.

Again, this is my personal opinion but I hope it'll clarify a tiny bit of your concern.

I would not disregard your genuine concern but I would like to point out that It is entirely possible to carry out end game raids without the strongest guild. You just need the right people with similar mindset. The Brazilian community from 3-4 years ago could've done HT, which at that point deemed a very tough raid entirely within the guild without needing any external help. Hence it should come as no surprise that I believe you and the community could do so as well.

However, I would not deny that networking plays a vital part too. Saga is after all a social reliant game. Having an extended network would ensure that you'll be able to participate in end game raids with ease. I was acquainted with many of the BR's from years ago and believe me that I understand where you're coming from, as they voiced similar struggles.

The solution to your problem that the previous BR players found is simply join more public raids and grow your network, and it would eventually lead you to having a stronger core group who could participate in high-tier raids. You might argue that public raids aren't common, but they are.

A suggestion that might be helpful would be to make your guild known out there by the BR community and actively recruit for potential BR's. It takes time of course, but given enough time to grow they might just be your next core member.

#6 Spectre, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Nina Marie, Hauntr, toasty and 4 others like this.
  7. Dusksnow

Dusksnow Training Mapler

IGN:
    Dusksnow

Please @alex@alex just close this topic...

Thank you very much everyone.

8. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

I hope you did not misunderstand what @Spectre@Spectre was saying.

Back in 2016, our Guild War system was very different. There was no 1 damage cap on the guild boss, you could hit the guild boss with 100% of your DPS (proper lines of damage).

https://forums.maplesaga.com/index.php?threads/september-2016-spotlight-vol-1-issue-1.2095/

As you can see in our first spotlight published, the Brazil guild was rank 3 in the guild war. That means that Brazil was the 3rd most powerful guild, without outside support. They were one of the first guilds to kill Zakum and eventually Horntail. Horntail right now is hardly more difficult than it was in 2016, so I believe you guys have it within you to kill this boss eventually.

@Odin@Odin was a Brazilian Gamemaster of MapleSaga at the time. He commented on the fact that Brazilians mostly play around the summer or winter holidays and stop during the other months of the year. When the summer ended, the Brazil guild had to seek outside support for the first time because the amount of powerful, active players wasn't enough to host raids on their own. The language barrier was a tough aspect in the transition but some Brazilian players who transitioned into public raids like Merthiolate @Wini@Wini, Luki @Luki@Luki and Eduardo @Edulz@Edulz became some of the strongest players on this server during 2016.

I just want to clarify where @Spectre@Spectre is coming from. He was on the staff team alongside our Brazilian Gamemaster @Odin@Odin and was closely acquainted with the Brazil guild in 2016 because the Brazil guild in 2016 was one of the server's strongest guilds (definitely alternated between 1st and 2nd most powerful guild during the summer of 2016). When he talks about BR's he's talked to in the past, he's not talking about people in passing that he had a short conversation with.

Hauntr likes this.
  9. Nina Marie

Nina Marie Legendary Chair Collector

IGN:
    neens
    Hi there @Dusksnow@Dusksnow !
    I'm sorry to hear about your friends/guild mates that may have left from feeling discouraged. I know that feeling and I can understand where you are coming from. As @Spectre@Spectre mentioned, Saga can be social reliant at times and I can understand that feeling of finding it difficult to find people to assist you or even just to talk; I felt that same way many times when I first joined. If you ever need any help with any raids or potentially filling anything, feel free to reach out to me in game! My IGN is neens and i'd be more than happy to help you fill any raids, Zak, HT, TB, whatever the case may be. I myself am still working on making improvements as best I can too! However, I can assure you that there are some members of this community who are more than happy to help.

Best of luck & happy mapling :f17:

NebCJ, knots, Blushes and 2 others like this.
  10. Blushes

Blushes Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    PixeIs
    hi my brother and i need help with kpq and i was wondering if u can help us w that??

on a serious note, piggybacking off @Nina Marie@Nina Marie , i'm usually busy throughout the week but on the off chance that i am free, i would be more than happy to help as well! feel free to message me in game (ign pixeis) c:

NebCJ, Emith, guy776 and 2 others like this.
  11. Jasnah

Jasnah Ores Galore!

IGN:
    Jasnah
    Pode me adicionar na lista de amigos! Eu sempre hosteio raids e chamo na BL quando meu clã faz. Eu já tenho alguns BR na lista, mas quanto mais melhor kkkk

12. Peedro

Peedro Training Mapler

IGN:
    Peedro
    I will always support my brothers from br, a hug friend
    upload_2021-2-23_22-59-52.png

riverrhine likes this.

Facebook