Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Skill reworks in the future?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NameJeff, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. NameJeff

NameJeff Legendary Thief

IGN:
    Suzume
    Hola people. As context, Ive played Saga for around 3 weeks or so now, with a 146 Shad, 120FP and a 65 cleric.

I've read the skill changes section of the forum, but will there ever be a rework of all the non-core skills in the game, to provide an overall better experience leveling?

Since my experience with this game is largely with Shads, that's where I'll be discussing.

My experience with shadowers is that 4th job is terribly clunky to play with.

This is mainly due to:
    1) Boomerang step's performance with platforms, inability to cast on jump and not being able to attack bosses in corners.
    2) Assassinate itself feels slow and clunky, with slow execution and the 4th hit being terrible for maintaining positioning, which is rather important in bossing isn't it?

I've seen other servers deal with this issue differently, fixing one issue and not the other. Some just skip it altogether by using a higher version where the class is overhauled.
    However, I do not think the class merits so drastic an overhaul, but it needs some ironing out to make it a fluid class that doesn't feel bad to play (i.e. using assassinate on mobile bosses)

How about you guys? What do you think needs adjusting for other classes that would make a significant improvement to 4th job gameplay that doesnt break the current DPS lineup?

More importantly, what does GM Alex have to say about this?

shangela likes this.
  2. guy776

guy776 Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    Reducto
    I wanna point out that shads most often use two different sets of skill macros that help their attacks to run much more smoothly.

The first macro is 1. Dark Sight 2. Assassinate 3. Boomerang step. This macro will get your assassinate started quickly because its usable when you're in Dark Sight. Boomerang step has an animation cooldown that prevents you from using it consecutively very fast. However, you can still use other skills as this cooldown is between 2 Bsteps only. In this macro, Bstep will cancel the final attack on your assassinate, which as you mentioned, is bad for positioning. This should be your main macro.

The 2nd macro is for situations where you can't use Bstep (close to a wall, etc). It will be 1. Dark Sight 2. Assassinate. By holding this macro key, you will be able to cast Assassinate at the fastest rate possible, and it will also cancel the final attack of Assassinate.

Shads are not an ideal DPS class, but as any class, you can improve your efficiency with it as you progress.

3. Seule

Seule Queen Bee

IGN:
    Seule
    Yeah Boomerang Step is bugged for example during Horntail preheads, but you can still use Assassinate with the macro
    It does even more dmg, since the attack speed is faster.
    I advice you to listen what Guy said about the macros, they are more than useful.
    Anyway, Shadowers are considered as support class, Smoke is useful, mobbing is great.

Also, you can use Boomerang step while jumping, you just need to practise to do it.
    [​IMG]
    (Jump+Bstep at the same time)

Peace~

alex and NameJeff like this.
  4. NameJeff

NameJeff Legendary Thief

IGN:
    Suzume
    How about macros for Meso Explosion? Its bannable on some servers but im not sure about saga

5. NameJeff

NameJeff Legendary Thief

IGN:
    Suzume
    Did you macro for Meso Explosion? its something im considering, but may be bannable.

6. guy776

guy776 Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    Reducto
    upload_2019-9-12_17-12-8.png

This is what I mean by macros.

As for Meso Explosion, once theres a decent meso stack (from Pickpocket) you can you boomerang step, meso explode twice, then boomerang step again. This will be the most efficient way because as I previously mentioned, bstep has a cooldown between it's uses but you can still use other skills in the meantime.

7. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Moderator
    Staff Member

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    i will suggest you not to amend any of the MapleSaga file. it could lead to an account ban (system will detect and auto-ban).

Facebook