Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

[PC] Can't get into windowed mode

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Krikbell, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Krikbell

Krikbell Anchors Aweigh!

IGN:
    Krikbell
    Hello,

I downloaded the game client just yesterday, when I run it though and try to make it in windowed mode, it just doesn't happen, and when I Alt+Enter a black square opens up at the top with info about ping and such.
    I tried the 60hz monitor solution alas my screen is already at 60hz, when I change the screen resolution to 1024x768 I still can't enter windowed mode, and finally my screen doesn't have a vga or dvi cable connection, only mDP and HDMI, so I cant try the cable switch solution.

Any suggestions?

2. Loading...

3. Meliora

Meliora Saint Exorcist

IGN:
    Dingir
    Having the exact same issue, sometimes it works but sometimes it doesnt. When I press alt enter I just get the windows error sound and the fps counter shows up in the top right corner. I just restart the client like 30 times until it works, but it is very odd as I have not experienced this on any other client before

4. Solinesnep

Solinesnep Stick A Fork In Me, I'm Done

IGN:
    Mangosharpie
    I was about to open a new thread about this. Is there no real work around aside from logging in, selecting a character and trying the ALT + Enter??

Update:
    I messed with the file properties to force it into a specific resolution. IT IS SMALL. But sometimes better than nothing...

#3 Solinesnep, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  5. Meliora

Meliora Saint Exorcist

IGN:
    Dingir
    Update: I have been running in Compatibility mode as Windows 98 / Windows Me for a few days now and havent had any issues with getting into windowed mode since then, might be worth to try that too! YMMV

Facebook