Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DEX-less Assassin as a beginner?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sebille, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Sebille

Sebille Running Like The Wind

IGN:
    Sebille
    Hello, I just started MapleSaga today. I wanted to try out NightLord, and I've been following this guide: https://forums.maplesaga.com/index.php?threads/iris-night-lord-guide.270/

The guide recommends going DEX-less but I'm at a loss for how to gear up properly. If I remember correctly from the old days, I could get common equip such as Bathrobe, Snow boots, and Bamboo hat from lvl 30-40, but how can I fill the gap until the next job advancement? If I'm a beginner with no money, should I give up on DEX-less? I would assume buying Maple weapons and such would be quite expensive. Thank you in advance c:

2. CheeSePun

CheeSePun Advanced Mapler

IGN:
    Oyako
    Hello since you're new I suggest you read my guide here :)
    https://forums.maplesaga.com/index.php?threads/cheesepuns-ambitious-beginner-guide.9835/

If you're aiming to join raids eventually I don't recommend you start as an assassin / night lord. It's fine if you're just playing casually and just getting levels.

Maple weapons are generally quite cheap in this server so you could get by with Maple Claw, Maple Kandayo and Maple Skanda at low levels. However, at higher levels, the most common weapons are Red Craven (level 100, 140dex) and Fist of Malice (level 150, 220 dex). At those levels it's pretty common to have dex added. Past level 80+, all equipments in the server give dex too (luxe, tempest, revolution, frontier, pensalir) so it's not too difficult to make up the numbers just to equip Craven / Fist. So if you insist on playing NL, you can start adding dex later on (level 85++) and as much as you need just to equip your weapon.

Eventually when you get better equipments and untradeables (e.g. earrings from neo pq) you will have enough dex from equipments then you can ap reset your dex back to luk. You can buy AP resets for 1 million mesos each from tia in the free market.

Good luck! pm me on Oyako in game if you have any questions

3. Sebille

Sebille Running Like The Wind

IGN:
    Sebille
    Thank you so much for the response and your help in-game! c:

Your guide is incredible, I will bury my face in it as I straddle the choice between playing casually for nostalgia or playing serious for the unique raid content.

4. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Moderator
    Staff Member

IGN:
    LifeSummer

Facebook