Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

An Idle Thought (2x cards)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NameJeff, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
?

Do you prefer having 4hr cards or 2hr cards?

1. 2Hr

2. 4Hr

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NameJeff

NameJeff Apocalypse Now

IGN:
    Suzume
    I got to discussing the merits of having a 2hr 2x card with some guildies and, while they did mention its a done topic, there isnt a record of it on the forum.

A) Could GM Alex please share the considerations in keeping it a 4hr/24hr choice?

B) Including statistics, which one sells better?

Im including a poll to see where player opinion lies.

Elevate, chensqi and Fred1218 like this.
  2. chensqi

chensqi Raid Grand Commander

IGN:
    promised
    I would prefer 1hr 2x card actually...

3. NameJeff

NameJeff Apocalypse Now

IGN:
    Suzume
    Can you explain why?

4. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Moderator
    Staff Member

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    i would say it is easier to handle and less commitment? why not we have 30 minute? or 15 minute? :f1:
    how much will it cost? haha!

5. Tawn

Tawn Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    LifeWinter
    Voted 2hours but I don’t think it should be cheaper than 4hours ticket. It should be priced at 60-75% of current 4h card timing, to encourage player to play longer. (Since the longer duration you buy, cheaper it is)

Fred1218, Elevate and NameJeff like this.
  6. chensqi

IGN:
    promised
    People can buy 1 hour 2x card for a HT/Toad run. 2 hours card will be a waste in that case. I actually think 30 minutes would be better

This is not a joke. If we have 30 minutes 2x card, most people will buy it. How many people can handle a 4 hours run? They are only for hardcore players.

Elevate and katsukamijo like this.
  7. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Moderator
    Staff Member

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    basically the idea of 30 and 15 mins is from family tree, which is not at V62 :).

8. katsukamijo

katsukamijo A Samurai's Honor

IGN:
    YiYeZhiQiu
    I had also been thinking about this issue for several months now.

Though I could understand the unavoidable business decisions behind the settings of 4hr and 24 hr 2x cards, I think it is definitely possible and plausible for Alex to make a 2hr card with 60-75% the cost of 4hr card (say, 2k nx or sth?) and a 1hr card with the same price variant (1k nx?). While 4hr is definitely profitable and productive, we are not children anymore. There had been instances when I was in a 4hr dungeon and had to forfeit like an hour in because of the nature of my work (emergency stuffs and whatnot). If there was shorter-duration cards, that issue would be handled so much better.

Kudos to the 2hr cards. (y)

Elevate, NameJeff and chensqi like this.
  9. Fred1218

Fred1218 Seeing Eye To Eye

IGN:
    HeroInYou
    Great idea!
    I will definitely buy a 2 hours x2 exp/drop due to the my availability on saga. Life gets busy and we ain’t students anymore, 4 hours straight hardcore training is just not ideal.

10. Fred1218

IGN:
    HeroInYou
    Gonna bump this thread up because I really want 2 hours cards! :f17:

Elevate likes this.
  11. yenyang

yenyang Gacha Crazy

IGN:
    7sinEnvy
    I am looking for 2 hours x2 cards too! pls!

p/s Hi Hero

Fred1218 and Elevate like this.
  12. Elevate

Elevate Eye Of The Tiger

IGN:
    Smooth
    2 hour cards would be amazing. Is everyone thinking n the lines of x2: exp, drop, & dung?

A 2 hour card would be useful for most raids, including cwk + neo boss rushes.

Fred1218 likes this.
  13. NameJeff

NameJeff Apocalypse Now

IGN:
    Suzume
    Well, im not sure how much say the players have in the development of Saga, but i think a clear consensus has been reached, at least in this thread.

Unfortunately, until theres actual dialogue between players and developers, further discussion is moot.

I opened this thread, and a few others, to try and engender some communication in the forum, but this has largely been unproductive. Only thing left for me to say is much thanks to everyone for participating in this little dialogue.

Fred1218 likes this.
  14. Fred1218

IGN:
    HeroInYou
    Someone mentioned if there are 1/2 hours x2 card they should be more expensive than x4. I totally agree on this and I will have my nx ready haha!

We are here because we all love saga and we know GMs are trying their best to bring us the best gaming environment.
    I heard Alex is currently single-handedly maintaining the game, let’s take this chance to thanks his excellent effort. :f14:
    I am sure he heard our voices. :f2:

15. NameJeff

NameJeff Apocalypse Now

IGN:
    Suzume
    If thats the case, then i must applaud him for bringing such an awesome childhood experience back to life for me and my friends. I hope to see this server gain popularity, far fetched as Id have to admit it to be.

16. folhazul

folhazul Training Mapler

IGN:
    folhazul
    That doesn't even make sense. People would never buy them. They would just buy the 4 hours one, play half an hour and waste 3 and a half hours.
    My opinion is that 2 hours card should be added, therefore, its price shouldn't be half the price of a 4 hours one. Maybe 60%~70%.
    I'm pretty sure most of the players that play private servers are old school adult maplers that want to revive the nostalgia of playing maple when they were kids, They probably are 20-ish or even 30-ish y/o. They work, have a family, responsibilities... Most of them can't afford playing for 4 hours straight. Adding the 2 hours card would be a way to make these players enjoy the late game (best part of the game) even more and still keep their personal irl.

17. Tawn

Tawn Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    LifeWinter
    ^.

18. Zamn

Zamn Crimsonwood Keep Boss Rush Master

IGN:
    Trudge
    I would just love to have flexible tix so the time only runs when you are in the Dungeon. At First sight it seems only benefital for the user, but since sooo many people dont even buy a 4hr tix because they dont have time for 4hrs straight, I definitly think more ppl would buy tix in general. . Ofc only worth If there was a Special Double drop tix with the same mechanic. Would be the Maximum gain for the user. For the Seller it depends how much of these ppl, who often buy 4hr tix and only use a small amount of the time but usually pays 4 hrs for each time, exist.

Guess since you dont know the amount of ppl, who buy tix because they cant do 4hrs straight, you cant tell for Sure....

Btw different tix with less hours is the same Idea.

19. chensqi

IGN:
    promised
    They are totally different.
    If you check the ratio: 5,000NX for 24-hours card vs. 2,000NX for 4-hours card. With the same NX spend on 4-hours card, you can afford 40% of 1-day card, which is 9.6 hours. This means, at the same costs, you will get more benefiting from 1-day card comparing to 4-hours card.
    The price set up in this way encourage people "play to win". You gain more benefits if you play more/longer. If the timer-flexible tix set up, then hardcore play style is not encouraged anymore in this server. The server atmosphere will be changed.

Those things should be discussed by all developers and staffs carefully, no much thing we can do...
    I agree that 1-hour or 2-hours card will be more popular, and will be better option to fund the server (because they should be more expensive than 1-day/4-hours card). But I understand there must be some reason for not setting them up ---- leveling up too easily may make this server dead faster, or some other business decision I don't know. Whatever they are, I respect staff's decision and enjoy current server status very well.
    (Maybe it is a simple reason like developers encourage people on 4/24 long hours session hardcore play style...)

#19 chensqi, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    guy776 likes this.
  20. Tawn

Tawn Ninja Castle Expert

IGN:
    LifeWinter
    Just grind without sleep and ignores the hourly pop up in game notice to make you aware that you are not resting after prolonged hours of training.

Facebook