Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1 hand v. 2 hand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vitamindeez, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Vitamindeez

Vitamindeez Training Mapler

IGN:
    Vitamindeez
    Hi,
    I have a lvl 136 hero that is currently using a stonetooth 124 att - 12 str atm. At what att shield and att 1 hand sword would i need to switch over?

Lucks and Fred1218 like this.
  2. NameJeff

NameJeff Legendary Thief

IGN:
    Suzume
    This topic has been around for a long while i think. I remember seeing some discussion on it on pre bb forums. Look it up on google, its somewhere.

3. chensqi

chensqi Raid Grand Commander

IGN:
    promised
    Referenced here: https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/maplestory_calculator_formula/
    According to the range formula here:

2h is Roughly 15% stronger than 1h + shield, if you have same Weapon Attack and Stats. Lets say, if you have 130WA 2h, and 50WA from gears, your total WA would be 180. This means you will need 180*115% = 207 WA(as an example, 140WA 1h + 17WA shield + 50WA gears), in order to have same attack range when using 1h+shield.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why people still using 1h+shield as end-game gear? Referenced here: https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2009/09/06/maplestory-attack-speed-reference/

End-game 2h is 8% slower than 1h. That means you might have higher DPS with 1h, even with lower attack range. As an example, 10k attack range of 2h will result in same DPS as 9.2k attack range of 1h+shield, in theoretical.
    Not apply to: stone tooth(already fast speed), or you have Speed infusion buff(both 1h and 2h will reach faster(2) when you have SI).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion & tips:
    • Go with 2h if you are not super rich. 1h+shield may end up with a bit higher DPS, but double budget.
    • When you hunt bigfoot, normal attack speed is better than fast attack speed.
    • For the attack range formula, it is a rough approximation. And also, I didn't consider extra STR that comes from 1h+shield, a fully scrolled shield gives 20 STR, so you can do the math by yourself if you want more accurate result
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit OCT 14: the author of this post didn't thumb up for me. I am sad....

#3 chensqi, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Blushes, katsukamijo, Lucks and 2 others like this.
  4. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Moderator
    Staff Member

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    wow thumb up for the pro ironman dk!!

chensqi and Fred1218 like this.

Facebook