Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Failed in finding proper screen mode for gr2d

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by lucasegg, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. lucasegg

lucasegg Kerning Party Quest Master

IGN:
    eggfriedrice
    Hi admins, I have tried windows 7 compatibility (default is windows 98/ME) and checked off reduced colour mode, as well as reinstalled the game but I still get this same popup. Are there any other things I can try? Thanks in advance!

2. Loading...

3. dsismb

dsismb Advanced Mapler

Bumping this. I have obtained a laptop in which has this problem. I tried everything I could to try to get this game to run to no avail.

To confirm, I have done the following.

Used these settings:
    [​IMG]
    (Also changed compatibility to Windows 98 / ME as sourced on another site)

Tried "reduced color format" with both options.
    Tried read only through shortcut; that part "required administrator access to change said settings". It gave me an "access denied" despite me being the owner of the laptop.
    Used dxwnd (as well as trying reduced color format on that too).

Used Custom Resolution Utility (CRU).
    [​IMG]
    (as sourced on another site, where you have to check all 800x600 resolutions on the left)

Edit 2/14 - Used VMware
    [​IMG]
    as sourced on another site. I even attempted to try all of the other options given while under virtual desktop.

Edit 2/29 - Installed Windows 7 on the laptop. It does not work.

Updating the drivers. The problem about these drivers is that they conflict with each other. Normally the brightness on the laptop fails to work. After installing the updates on said processor through Windows Update - AND reverting one of the drivers back - the brightness option works. But, after either a few hours of usage or restarting the laptop, the laptop goes on a near-endless BSOD loop. I am unable to change the resolution regardless of what I did to try to install the drivers in.

My processor is AMD. There was an option, sourced on another site, to run the settings for AMD Radeon. However, when installing drivers from that site, the second driver (monitor) then "stops because there was a problem". Attempting to run the settings gives this error:
    [​IMG]

My laptop information.
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
    System Manufacturer: CYBERPOWER Corporation
    System Model: FANG HD8970
    BIOS:
    Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 15560MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DirectX Database Version: Unknown

#2 dsismb, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    yaganaminx likes this.
  4. yaganaminx

yaganaminx Nine-Tailed Fox Vanquisher

IGN:
    FlexAndBless
    hey great coment u got here u actually tested it all out, i actually can play the game with integrated intel gpu,
    but when i deactivate it and force the game to play with the nvidia gpu i get the same message as you,
    the problem with the integrated gpu is that the the laptop heats up so hard even with the raid client it crashes
    i wish there was some fix out there for this compatability issue

dsismb likes this.

Facebook