Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

DC IN WHILE BOSSING [MAC USER]

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Elevate, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
?

As a Mac User, do you experience the same DC issues?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
  1. Elevate

Elevate Swords And Shields

IGN:
    Smooth
    Character Name: Smooth
    Problem: Constant DC during raids. Mainly in Zak, Chaos Zak, HT, & also periodically in other raids
    Details: I consistently DC in Zak, Chaos Zak, & HT at the exact same event frames in each raid. For both Zak & CZak it is when the bodies are down. For HT, it is when the tail is down, arms are down, Head A & B are down. I also DC at the end of 'The Boss' sometimes. I also DC at random times during the raid, this impacts everyone else's experience as I lose buffs, continuously ask for buffs when I log back in, which leads to slower raid times.

Here's what I've done/tried so far:

1. Reduced the quality settings to low (FAST)
    2. Removed the "shake screen" option [this helped a bit but I still frequently DC as stated above]
    3. Downloaded the patch (Mob.wz file) fix: https://mega.nz/#!VIhCjL5B!xPRMrkJseK1bXR96GYjLU55JydiAYCkRoM8D1QNrkn8
    4. Used Soup's guide to replace the Mob.wz file: http://forums.maplesaga.com/index.php?threads/mac_os-how-to-patch-your-client-manually.135/
    5. Notified @alex@alex of my DC issues on the following thread: https://forums.maplesaga.com/index.php?threads/lagging-and-then-dc-every-minute.9533/#post-30108
    6. Read a lot of Saga Forums & posted my 2 cents on a couple:
    7. Completely Deleted Saga from my Mac. Re-downloaded & included steps 3 and 4 above.

If it wasn't clear, I'm running Saga on a Mac. I would love to be able to have a Smooth-er experience :D

Does anyone else experience the same issues? Does anyone have a fix that has worked for them?

Is weakening your playing performance, in this response, still the interim solution: https://forums.maplesaga.com/index.php?threads/dcing-during-zakum.3996/

Would really appreciate feedback. I am open to trying anything to have this fixed.

*UPDATE: Seems as though the effectiveness of the mob.wz file fell through after the last major client patch.

#1 Elevate, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    bimu likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. LifeSummer

LifeSummer Captain Mapler

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    Hello. i have been playing this server for about 10 month.
    i have the same issue with you and i tried whatever you have tried from 1~7.

i would like to ask if you are using a brand new computer?
    if yes, this may be the issue.

i have a new computer and a older ones that work more fine than what i have recently purchased.
    both are having the same file.

in the late of last year (around october to november period) i do not face this issue. this constant dc issue at boss raid came after a major client patch and it continue till now.

:D

4. Elevate

IGN:
    Smooth
    @LifeSummer@LifeSummer Thank you for your reply! I'm using a 2016 Macbook Pro. I'm not sure if this is considered "new" but it is a fairly powerful machine.

Also, yes! I was using the mob.wz file before the major client patch and it was working fine.

When you say "older computer", are they older Macbooks? jw

5. LifeSummer

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    for the "older part", i have never been using any of the Macs before, i am referring to normal new computer/ laptop.

6. Elevate

IGN:
    Smooth
  7. LifeSummer

IGN:
    LifeSummer
    ??

what kind of information you need?

8. Elevate

IGN:
    Smooth
    I recently spoke to some Mac users facing the same issues and they wanted to see my post.

Looking for a fix still ~ '\o/' ~

9. Ted

Ted Home Sweet Home

IGN:
    Tedo
    O idk if you've found any solutions but i got one that can prevent you from dc-ing often.
    This however only applies for zak/czak/ht

It's usually known to "gfx" often in those kind of raids.
    How do you gfx?
    Well you would do the following procedure :
    Esc -> up/down -> up/down -> enter -> left/right -> enter

For zak/czak, I normally gfx rihht before the arms are down and every body change.

As for horntail, I would gfx whenever a part is killed.

Cheers, hope this makes u last longer :f3:

Facebook