Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Resolved DCing during zakum

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Aspect, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Aspect

Aspect Training Mapler

IGN:
    Aspect
    So I've done my first boss run (Zakum), and besides DCing as he spawned, once the arms died I disconnected every 1 to 2 minutes in all following phases. I tried the obvious closing other applications, turn graphics to low, etc. - though I doubt my computer is struggling to run maple (and I had no internet hiccups). I have also recently re-downloaded Saga so reinstalling is unlikely to help. If there's a fix to disconnecting at bosses I'd appreciate it. I'm using a pretty powerful PC with Windows 10.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - DCing during zakum
    1. Jnormen
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. deeb
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. royou
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. Lkoos
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. Kenneth
      Replies:
      Views:

3. alex

alex Some guy
    Staff Member

The more powerful the PC, the more likely you are to disconnect on v62 MapleStory. This is a fact that I've discovered through talking to players (as well as a conclusion I've seen posted on other private servers).

The best way to resolve this is to "weaken" your playing environment, either by playing the game in a virtual machine (VirtualBox or VMWare) or using a weaker computer.

4. Aspect

Aspect Training Mapler

IGN:
    Aspect
    Is there a guide/thread you can refer me to for fixing it?

5. Aspect

Aspect Training Mapler

IGN:
    Aspect
    Hey Alex, just gonna follow this up. I've looked at multiple different in-depth guides and worked around them. They got me very close to working, but only to the point where saga starts in the virtual machine but while sound does play, the screen turns white. By pure chance, I ticked a random setting that was never mentioned in any of the guides and it happened to work- this allowed me to complete a zakum run. During another zakum run I disconnected and the virtual machine returned to white-screening Saga. I've spent hours getting Saga to work the first time, and more attempting to fix it after the second zakum run. I spent enough time on this (including re-downloading the virtual machine) to trust I haven't made any dumb mistakes, overlooked anything, or missed a potential solution (I do not have an older machine to boss on). As it is I'm unable to boss, and that's game-breaking for a boss driven server. I've enjoyed my time on the server and would love to continue playing, but it seems as I wouldn't be able to take part in the main portion of the game. If you happen to find a way for this to work or know of someone who might be able to help let me know.

6. Hyaweh

Hyaweh Training Mapler

IGN:
    Hyaweh
    I had the same problem but I disabled my graphic card, and now Its working better for me.

7. tiochaota

tiochaota Training Mapler

IGN:
    Constipation
    Man no wonder I dc so much in Zakum, is there still no fix as of today? 12/12/2017

Facebook