Welcome to #REKT

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Corsair's Octopus Summon

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Juancho, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Can't connect? Please click here for a list of resolution steps.
  1. Juancho

Juancho Training Mapler

IGN:
    Juancho
    Hola!

I am really excited to see that the server has really refined the Pirate skills, as they are often the job tree that has the buggy skills in private servers.

I love how Flamethrower and Ice Splitter don't overwrite each other, as they faultily do in other servers. I also love how for the first time I've been able to summon Gaviota and the Octopus at the same time, without the other being wiped out because of it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news when there's obviously been so much work behind coding these properly, but Octopus is supposed to be able to be stackable! What I mean by this is that, after level 11, Octopus lasts for 20s instead of 10s. The re-cast time for Octopus is 10 seconds and in the original Maplestory this was intended to allow up to 2 octopi at a time, and 3 at level 21+ when it lasts for 30s. However, whenever I summon a second Octopus the first one overwrites- even though it has 10 seconds of life left.

It's not a game-breaking bug, but it definitely does change the Outlaw's/Corsair's gameplay considering that a 4th job skill revolves around the Octopus being buffed.

Cheers!!!

Juancho

TimeToDai and Babaludo like this.

Facebook